Reception Parent Information
Click here to see this term's 'How to Help Your Child Sheet' for Reception
Starting school for the first time can cause great excitement for both children and parents/guardians. Here are some ideas to help you prepare your child for school:
- Attend the 2 induction sessions in the term before your child is due to start.
- Talk to your child about going to school – there are some excellent story books about this subject.
- Take them past the school at different times of the day so they can see what’s going on.
- Encourage your child to become as independent as possible, e.g. when dressing and going to the toilet.
- Encourage your child to practise counting, holding pencils, drawing and writing.
The 7 areas of the Foundation Curriculum, are made up of
3 Prime Areas:
- Personal, Social & Emotional Development
- Physical Development
- Communication & Language
4 Specific Areas:
- Understanding the World
- Expressive & Creative Design